Monday, September 29, 2014

Norm Edwards On CFZM AM-740 Toronto Interviews Jackie Evancho Today On His Show Then Plays Stunning Version Of U2's "With Or Without You" By The 14 Year Old Star - Wow!

Norm Edwards Is One Of My Favorite Broadcasters In The World. He Has A Great Show!

This 14 Year Old Songbird Already Has 4 Cd's Under Her Belt And Television Specials Too. You Just Can't Equate The Voice With This Young Person. Go Figures.
AS PER USUAL I TUNE INTO LISTEN NORM EDWARDS DURING AFTERNOONS ON CFZM AM-740 OUT OF TORONTO CANADA. THE STATION HITS 4 PROVINCES AND 28 STATES AS A 50,000 WATT CLEAR CHANNEL STATION. I LISTEN TO THE STATION ONLINE HERE AT THIS LINK. EDWARDS HAS A GREAT SHOW AND THE STATION REMINDS ME A LOT OF CKLW AM-800 FROM THE 60'S WITH GREAT MUSIC, NEWS AND INFORMATION. THE STATION CALLS ITSELF "ZOOMER RADIO" AND PLAYS POP STANDARDS FROM 5 DECADES.

EDWARDS HAD JACKIE EVANCHO IN STUDIO TODAY TO DISCUSS HER BURGEONING CAREER AND PROMOTE HERSELF. I REMEMBER SEEING EVANCHO ON TV BELTING OUT OPERA AT 11 YEARS OF AGE! EVEN TODAY, IT'S HARD TO CONNECT THE VOICE WITH SUCH A YOUNG PERSON. HER VOICE IS SO MATURE AND DEVELOPED THAT YOU JUST CANNOT IMAGINE IT'S COMING FROM A YOUNG TEEN! 

AS THE INTERVIEW CONCLUDED, EDWARDS' SPINS THIS TUNE, EVANCHO'S INTERPRETATION OF U2'S "WITH OR WITHOUT YOU". IF YOU ARE NOT MOVED TO TEARS BY THIS VERSION, WELL THEN YOU ARE NOT HUMAN. JUST AN UNBELIEVABLE SONG FROM EVANCHO. THANKS TO NORM EDWARDS FOR SHARING IT ON HIS SHOW TODAY.
See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait, without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you

And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away

My hands are tied
My body bruised, she's got me with
Nothing left to win
And nothing else to lose

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you


No comments:

Post a Comment