Monday, August 1, 2011

Amorphis!!! Melodic Goth Metal!!! Right On!!! This Is The New Soundtrack For The 20teens!!!








Under the vault of heavens I stood alone, waiting The blaze of silver shining in my eyes My hands gleaming gold The red of iron in my veins The blue of steel in my bones The sparkle and blackness of coal in my hair My chest golden with waves It is my heaven It has my eyes It is my space It has my shape

I knew it was my masterwork I felt the strength of gods Revised the soaring heights Let the heavens be aligned Heavens be aligned I listened with care the place for the moon Made sure of the tones Painted through void the route for the sun Made out the locus of stars I pierced the distant dome For the light to seep through I checked the curves and borders of all And placed the highest star It worked and sung and danced It shone and gloved and gleaned It circled, curved and blazed It pulsed, burned and waned Burned and waned It flowed from my bones Bolted from my fingers And settled on and over me And made me face my longing



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphis

They frequently use the Kalevala, the Epic Poem of Finland, as a source for their lyrics.

The Kalevala begins with the traditional Finnish creation myth, leading into stories of the creation of the earth, plants, creatures and the sky. Creation, healing, combat and internal story telling are often accomplished by the character(s) involved singing of their exploits or desires. Many parts of the stories involve a character hunting or requesting lyrics (spells) to acquire some skill, such as boat-building or the mastery of iron making.

As well as magical spell casting and singing, there are many stories of lust, romance, kidnapping and seduction. The protagonists of the stories often have to accomplish feats that are unreasonable or impossible which they often fail to achieve leading to tragedy and humiliation.

The Sampo is a pivotal element of the whole work. Many actions and their consequences are caused by the Sampo itself or a character's interaction with the Sampo. It is described as a magical talisman or device that brings its possessor great fortune and prosperity.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomi_Koivusaari
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esa_Holopainen
http://amorphis.net/
2012 us tour dates-21.01. Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA (US) – Tickets/VIP package
23.-27.01. 70,000 Tons of Metal, Miami – Cayman Islands (US)

BLACK WINTER DAY
This is how the lucky feel
How the blessed man think
Like a daybreak in spring
The sun on a spring morning
Like the flat brink of a cloud
Like a dark night in autumn

But how do I feel in my gloomy depths?

This is how the lucky feel
How the blessed man think
Like a daybreak in spring
Like the flat brink of a cloud
Like a dark night in autumn
A black winter day

This is how the lucky feel
How the blessed man think
Like a daybreak in spring
The sun on a spring morning
Like the flat brink of a cloud
Like a dark night in autumn
A black winter day
No darker than that
Gloomier than an autumn night

A black winter day


MERMAID


MERMAID

On the blue waters of mermaids
I was sailing on the blue
Brought up a catch of strangest wonder
On the blue

And I drew my knife to gut
What I had taken from the blue
But it was gone, back to the lake
And vanished into the blue

The waters, they parted
As she rose to shine

She was my maid, my wife-to-be
Returned to me this one time
I did not know her, I made her flee
Flee from me

Beneath the waves and marbled rocks
Watery canyon of blackest depths
My hope was sunk
My dream taken away

Woe to you, she said to me
As she broke cover of the blue
Don’t you know me?
I couldn’t be yours after all
I never knew

Albums

TitleReleased
The Karelian IsthmusNovember 1992
Tales from the Thousand LakesJuly 12, 1994
ElegyMay 14, 1996
TuonelaMarch 29, 1999
Am UniversumApril 3, 2001
Far from the SunMay 26, 2003
EclipseFebruary 15, 2006
Silent WatersAugust 29, 2007
SkyforgerMay 27, 2009
Magic & Mayhem - Tales From The Early YearsSeptember 15, 2010
The Beginning of Times[18]June 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment